Friday, August 1, 2008

A HIGH SCHOOL BOARD SUPPORTS BAN ON MARRIAGE IN CALIFORNIA



Ewww.. I Hope people riot this High School. Who does this? Kids are being harassed for their sexual orientation even if they are not gay, so why promote hate?

The Grossmont Union High School District went on record yesterday supporting a November initiative that would ban same-sex marriage in California.

The board voted 4-0 to pass a resolution endorsing Proposition 8, which would amend the state Constitution to recognize marriage only between a man and a woman.

Trustee Richard Hoy abstained.

Several board members urged the board not to vote for the resolution, saying Proposition 8 had nothing to do with education.

Grossmont is believed to be the first public school board in the state to endorse the initiative. Supporters of Proposition 8 argue that the state Supreme Court's action clearing the way for same-sex marriage means students as early as kindergarten will be taught that same-sex marriage is the same as a traditional marriage.

Proposition 8 opponents disagree. [SOURCE]

I remember when I was in High School (Not Even Out) and being treated harshly by others because they thought I was gay. I even dated my best friend, Precillia and even though it settled down a bit, I was still teased.

I am absolutely disgusted with this school and I hate to wish badness on people but.. but.. No.. I will just bite my tongue and move on.. Enough Said!

No comments: